Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fashion Language (FB#4)



In the fashion industry we have many different terms and sayings that are unique to our industry. When writing blogs, articles, etc. writers incorporate these terms to describe anything fashion related. It catches readers attention while still keeping things fashion related. I recently read a blog article from the NY Times by Vanessa Friedman about comedian and up and coming fashion designer Margaret Cho. I then analyzed the article and picked out certain terms in the fashion industry. Here is the link to the blog article.


SILHOUETTE & DESIGN
-Jumpsuit
-Onesie
-Unitard
-Romper

DETAILS
-Elasticized waist
-Ribbed cuffs
-Gold-colored zippers
-Pockets

COLOR
-Gold-colored
-Black

FABRIC
-Twill

CREATIVE “JARGON”
-"ready to wear"
-Jumpsuit designer
-Female Ghost buster suit
-Full fledged fashion designer
-Fashion Week
-Crossover Candidate
-Anti-It Bag Onesie

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the article you chose!! You did a great job of categorizing the writer's descriptions! I also this Margaret Cho is hilarious, and I'm excited to see what she comes up with next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa definitely caught my attention with her choice of words, one of my favorites were "anti-it bag onesie." I personally don't know what to think of the onesie at this moment but let's see if we spot any celebrities in them. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete