Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Visual Merchandising (FB#5)

A great way to catch a customers eye is by having a great window display! In order to have a great window display the store has to keep up with the trends and season. They must show the current trends put together in an outfit. This will make the customers more likely to buy a certain item because they have ideas of what to put it with. At my last trip to the mall I noticed some really great displays.


The window display at J. Crew was great because it showed a lot of spring accessories and decorations such as butterflies. This window display makes customers excited for spring shopping even though it is still so cold out!



I really enjoyed the window display from Kara because of the chic look for spring. The look was very minimalist and had great bright colors in the clothing and the bright red wall. It was very vibrant and interesting.


2 comments:

  1. Laura- I totally agree with you that great window displays draw in consumers. This assignment made me realize that I am usually captivated by displays that convey an entire story in their looks, showing many outfit options and ways to wear things, it resonates with me as a customer aiding me in my purchase. J Crew I think always has really wonderful displays that show creativity through their styling as well as their additional perks like butterflies! I find that J Crew is really broadening their color offerings. Typically speaking I associated J Crew with design subtleties and would shop their when needing a white button down or nice work appropriate pants. However I have seen a massive change in course with this retailer and I think Jenna Lyons is to thank! If you have not seen it already I would look at their latest runway show (See link) because it is full of the colors and vibrancy that you mention here in your post!
    http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/fall-2015-ready-to-wear/j-crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spring visuals during the winter, it gives me hope for warmer climate! It's all about minimalism this spring season. Pantone's color report "En Plein Air" shows beautiful colors that are soft and cool, as well as, warm. We're slowly but surely transitioning from those dark colors we wear during the rigid winter days into playful lighter colors.

    ReplyDelete