Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2015 Look Book (FB#8)



Alexandre Vauthier's look book for Spring 2015  is quite the opposite style of the designers "usual disco loving and couture focus" as said by Womens Wear Daily. The background of the photographs is set at a  football field and there are many sports references made in the photographs. I find this a very interesting yet a very strange idea. The collection only has two jersey styled dresses and the rest are not exactly sporty. The models are wearing leather, full length gowns, and other high fashion outfits in the middle of a football field with football players staring at them. Although it may seem strange it is very fun and different and the collection is truly amazing!
http://libproxy.fitsuny.edu:2362/runway/spring-ready-to-wear-2015/review/alexandre-vauthier/ 

Alexandre Vauthier RTW Spring 2015Alexandre Vauthier RTW Spring 2015Alexandre Vauthier RTW Spring 2015Alexandre Vauthier RTW Spring 2015Alexandre Vauthier RTW Spring 2015

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this designer before but I love how they take a different approach to style than most brands! I love how the clothing has a semi intimate feel to it, yet the background is a football field. How creative! This almost remind me of the Victoria's Secret Superbowl commercial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the juxtaposition between Couture and Sports. I think it really makes the lookbook stand out and it makes it interesting as well. I also like that in a way, the lookbook creates a narrative through the setting, models, and props. It is almost like they are presenting a story of the cool girls who hang out with jocks, and these cool girls wear Alexandre Vauthier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look book! I totally agree with Aaron about the Victoria Secret Superbowl commercial feel! To go along with the comment about the "cool" girls, I think the Alexandre Vauthier collection could substitute for the cheerleaders uniforms. Which at a football game, the cheerleaders are part of the show! Wearing this collection symbolizes being a part of a group! It is a creative way to show status symbols and market this collection via that. Here is a closer look at just the collection:
    http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/spring-2015-couture/alexandre-vauthier

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this designer before. Thank you for exposing me to someone new. I think the presentation of the garments and the space used is interesting. Using an unconventional places show the personality of the designer and how out the box they are, yet syill bridging the edgy and boldness of the looks with football.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed the "sports" theme that I saw evident in this look book. So many look books feature strictly just the model and the clothing, and lack an interest value. I loved your post as you introduced an innovative designer!

    ReplyDelete